Sunday, June 27, 2004

Nerves...

I'm a little nervous this morning, and I don't like it.

Later on this morning, I'll be leading our praise team at church, and we'll be singing an arrangement of "The Lord's Prayer" which I put together. At our rehearsal on Friday night, it was a bit... tenuous. We'll go over it again this morning, but I'm afraid I've written something out that is not very singable. So I'm nervous it'll sound bad.

Now that sounds normal. I, however, am not the kind of person to be nervous about such things. I don't know how to process worry, so I generally don't. This morning, though, I'm nervous about it. I can't get the song out of my head, nor can I keep from trying to re-arrange it mentally, so that it'll be easier for the praise team to sing. I want to re-do the ending to make it more interesting, more moving.

But that's not the kind of thing you want to do on a Sunday morning, just before singing it.

Lord, the song is for you. Receive our praise, even if it sounds bad.

No comments: