Thursday, August 24, 2006

Discuss among yourselves...

Every now and then, some crazy thing pops into my head -- or, more likely, out of my mouth -- that really makes sense. Last night at our prayer meeting, I got one of those. We were talking about being mad at God for things in our lives not going the way we want. As if we had any clue about how things really ought to be. But it’s okay to be mad at God, so long as we let it open up a dialog with Him.

So, here’s the thought for the day:

Sometimes, getting good and mad at God is the best way for Him to get my attention.

You can quote me. Or just point and giggle, whatever works.

2 comments:

John Haffner said...

I'd say it's OK to be angry with God, as long as you're willing to talk with Him about it.

He's certainly never surprised that we're angry.

Job was angry at God. Eventually he got over it and repented in dust and ashes.

God always wins.

Karen said...

I've always loved the way that Tevye, from "Fiddler on the Roof," expressed his frustrations to God. Maybe if we talked to God more, instead of feeling like we had to let loose at someone in the flesh, we'd save ourselves a lot of damaged relationships on earth.