Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Channelling June Cleaver

Today I woke up early, while my wife was getting ready for work. Having had a particularly bad day yesterday, I was pleased to wake without a headache, without any grouchiness, and without any ache in my lower back. So I got up, heated up some water to make my wife some tea, made her bacon and eggs, sat with her as she ate, kissed her goodbye as she left, and got a load of laundry in. In a few minutes, I'll be getting the kids fed as I unload the dishwasher and do a little tidying up.

I feel so domestic.

Later on, I'll be taking my daughter to Tot Time, and my son and I will be painting the new baseboards and crown molding we're putting up in our living room and dining room. Then, after getting the girl back from her class, we'll have lunch, do a second coat of paint, and work on cleaning up their rooms. This weekend, we're having their birthday party (he's 8 this coming Sunday, she just turned 5 this past Saturday), so we've got a lot of cleaning to do inside and out.

Is there any wonder I'm not blogging that much?

But tomorrow, I get a little break from my domesticated life -- LinuxWorld Expo! (Woo-Hoo!) I get to go over to San Francisco's Moscone Center for a computer show, and hang out with my best friend, John Haffner and a bunch of other geeks. It'll be a nice change from the housecleaning, and I'll come back with a bunch of demo CD-ROMs, pens, product literature, and all kinds of ideas for projects to do on my web server and the one at church.

With any luck, I'll get to one or two before the next round of home improvement starts!

8 comments:

Clarissa said...

Welcome to my world! Hey, my laundry's starting to pile up, here, too -- when you get a spare minute you all could run by and do mine! (Since we're so close and all.) Glad you get to hang with the grown-ups soon.

Dwiggy444 said...

Wow - could it be possible that there are TWO Linux-loving worship leaders in the Church of Christ?

No, that's not possible. The Church of Christ is definitely a Micro$oft house...

Tim Castle said...

In the computing world, the continuum runs from Windows to Macintosh to Linux. I've always been more on the Linux side of Mac, to be honest. I'm about in the same place on the continuum running from Traditional CofC to Mainline CofC to the rest of the Christian world.

Just a little left of center, I guess.

We shouldn't bring in discussions of computers into discussions of church, though; I don't like to mix religion with my church talk....

John Haffner said...

'Strue!

Gotcha!

Nice postings. I didn't have any idea that you'd started one of these blog thingies.

It's also cool to get mentioned by name. (good for the old ego, ya know.)

Catch you on the flip side.

Tim Castle said...

Ack! I've been found out! Someone who's known me long enough to have all the dirt on me is reading -- and commenting!

Well, as long as my parents aren't reading the blog, too!

John Haffner said...

Don't be too sure! ;-)

A. Scooterdawg said...

Lucky man, 5 year olds are the coolest people on the planet! Cherish what time you have with them.

Unknown said...

Hey, have the penguins ever tried to take over YOUR computer??? How do you make them leave!!!??? Help.