Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Okay, lets' be honest here...

...the only reason a person blogs is because their ego succumbs to peer pressure. I'm a big enough man to admit that.

I've been told that I'm a good writer -- and not just by my ego's alternate personalities, either. Truth is, a friend once told me that I should write a book. I'm guessing it's because the letters I would write were nearly long enough to be books in themselves. My response was that I knew I had the skills, but I didn't have any ideas. If you write a book, it ought to be about something, don't you think?

Well, thanks to the internet and the geek-cultural thing that is blogging, I've found a form of expression that will let me use my writing skills, without any expectation of having relevant content. At least, from what I've seen of most blogging, such things as relevance, continuity, and social significance are not required.

For that matter, neither are proper grammar and correct spelling, but there are some standards I refuse to lower.

You wanna know why I started this blog? Really? I was only going to post a comment on Mike Cope's blog, and in order to do so I had to register, and that took me into creating a blog of my own. "What the heck," says I, "I'll blather. It's not like I have to tell anyone it's there!"

If you found this, don't tell anyone. It'll be our little secret. At least until my ego gets the best of me. Again.

No comments: