Wednesday, February 23, 2005

...I still love you in my heart.

This afternoon, my wife, Nina, called from work to ask a question. Our daughter, Natalie picked up the phone in the other room, knowing it was her mommy. She was her usual cute self, but was interrupting a little, so we had to ask her to hang up. She complied, but then she got back on and said, "Mommy, I forgot to tell you. I love you, and even when I think I don't love you, I know I still love you in my heart."

What a great sentiment! In her own childlike way, Natalie was recognizing that sometimes we don't feel so happy about those we love, but that doesn't change our love for them. She expressed it so beautifully that I just had to record it for posterity!

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

That's sweet -- an an important concept for them to understand about their parents' relationship as well. Even if Mommy and Daddy fight sometimes -- they still love each other.

Maybe she could teach a few grown-ups a thing or two ...

Sam Middlebrook said...

Sounds like the prayer I pray to God so often...

Sam Middlebrook said...

Sounds like the prayer I pray to God so often...

Sam Middlebrook said...

Sounds like the prayer I pray to God so often...