Thursday, December 02, 2004

But for the need of the proper equipment....

I think I need an air compressor.

Not one of those portable, cigarette-lighter-powered tire inflator thingys... I've got one of those, and it doesn't cut it. Sure it's fine for tires, soccer balls, etc. It even has a flashlight built into it. Whee.

No, I need a real one, for using with air tools, like the noisy thingy they use at the tire changer places. Have you seen all the different tools you can attache to these things? Drills, saws, impact hammers, nailers, sanders, spray guns, die grinders,... it boggles the mind! Think of the possibilities! You could... nail stuff, and... saw stuff, and... grind dice! How does anyone ever live without these things?

Now, you may be saying, "Hey, Tim, what do you need one of those things for? You're not a mechanic, or a builder."

Well, sure, but don't you think that if I'd had one of these things, I could have been a mechanic, or builder, or... air-tool-using-tradesman-of-some-sort? I could be the best mechanic in the state, or a much-sought-after home builder, just me and my air compressor, and a truck full of every imaginable air tool there is!

But no, I'm just a computer geek, stay-at-home dad, and homeowner. Now I'll have to use the air compressor I need to get to blow the dust out of computers, inflate tires and soccer balls, clean out the gutters, dry laundry, dust the mantel, and startle the neighbors.

I only hope that being exposed to such tools will inspire my children to think about what the proper equipment can enable them to do with their lives.

Especially the part about startling the neighbors.

No comments: